Looking for some fun and festive St. Patrick’s Day dinner ideas? Look no further! In this blog post, we will share some of our favorite recipes that are perfect for celebrating the holiday. From Irish stew to corned beef and cabbage, we have something for everyone. So get your pots and pans ready, and let’s get cooking!
Irish Stew Recipe
- ½ pound of bacon, diced
- ½ cup of flour
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
- salt to taste
- a beef chuck roast or lamb shank, cut into small pieces) (or you can use pre-cut stew meat from the grocery store)
- one large onion, diced
- three cloves of garlic, minced
- one cup of red wine
- two cups of beef broth or lamb broth (or you can use any type of stock)
- one tablespoon of tomato paste
- one teaspoon of dried thyme leaves )
In a large Dutch oven or soup pot, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside on paper towels to drain. In the same pot, whisk together the flour and pepper. Add the beef and onion and cook until browned. Add in the garlic, red wine, broth, tomato paste, and thyme. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for two hours. Stir in the bacon and serve hot with some crusty bread on the side.
Corned Beef and Cabbage Recipe
- one corned beef brisket (about three pounds) )
- one large onion, peeled and chopped )
- one head of cabbage, cored and chopped )
- three carrots, peeled and sliced into thin coins )
- two tablespoons of butter) • salt and pepper to taste
In a large pot or Dutch oven, place the brisket in and cover with cold water. Add the onion, cabbage, carrots, butter, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for three hours. Remove the brisket from the pot and slice against the grain into thin pieces. Serve hot with some of the vegetables on top of it. Enjoy!